How to Select a Builder/ Remodeler?
You are choosy about WHAT goes into your home. Be just as choosy about WHO does the work.
- Protect yourself. Do your homework. Ask questions.
- Find builders in your area and make a list. Conduct phone interviews.
- Ask for references on similar jobs including at least one where work was done more than a year ago.
- Confirm prospective builders are licensed. Ask to see the builder’s license or contact the State of Alabama Home Builders Licensure Board.
- Follow up with references. If other customers were pleased with the builder’s work, they will tell you. If they weren’t, they will likely share that as well.
- Visit current or recent projects.
- Get written bids from multiple builders. Be sure to compare the specifications – not just the prices. While not required by law, inquire about a warranty on work performed as well as workman’s compensation on their employees.
- Trust your instinct.
- Build only with the best – Bamas Best Builders – members of the Home Builders Association of Alabama.